Fulfill your dream of living, playing and relaxing on your own waterfront retreat. The vision for this extraordinary property includes the perfect marriage of an expansive amount of land, direct deep-water access, premier architectural design, superior construction and warm, and modern finishes.
It is located in Richmond Hill, which is slightly south of Historic Downtown Savannah and only minutes from the pitter-patter of horses' hooves and shopping along River Street that we have all come to love. Positioned perfectly along the Tivoli River with up to six feet of water at low tide, this home offers much more than just breathtaking deepwater views. In only minutes by boat, you will smell the familiar salt-water air of the Atlantic Ocean and have the opportunity to begin a successful fishing venture or feel the water beneath you while waterskiing, tubing or just taking a leisurely ride with family and friends. As you meander along the drive, breathe in the honeysuckle as you catch your first glimpse of this Mitchell Ginn design. Worthy of his many works of art featured in Southern Living Magazine, this designer surpassed expectations with this creation.
Built by a contractor as a personal residence, no time or expense was spared in ensuring that this home was solidly constructed and exceeded current standards in nearly every respect. Your heart will skip a beat as you take in the richness and warmth you will immediately feel when you open the front door and make your way through each of the home’s living areas.
You immediately step onto breathtaking Brazilian Cherry floors that carry you through the large foyer with beveled glass and columns, library with built in bookcases, living room with coffered ceilings, porcelain tile fireplace and expansive views of the Tivoli River through the double French doors, bright and airy breakfast nook with river view and gourmet kitchen with professional grade, stainless steel appliances, custom cabinetry, granite countertops and island with granite. The master bedroom is conveniently located on the main living level with large master bathroom suite that includes double vanities, garden tub and separate shower. It feels like one continuous living space as you stroll through the sunroom and porch with wood-burning fireplace, through the back yard and to the covered dock, floating dock and boatlift.
Whether your concerns are ethereal or practical, you will be impressed by the attention to detail the builder took to the home's construction. It boasts framing constructed on a 16" center, 16" pier block with concrete containing #4 rebar for reinforced steel, James Hardie products for siding, cornice and soffit, 400 amp/ single phase electrical service with circuits stubbed out in three locations for future use, workshop wired for 240V welder and 240V air compressor, shaft electrical circuit stubbed out for future dumb waiter, RB-3 window and door casing throughout, electrical and water stubbed out in front center island for future fountain, 60 amp service run to private dock providing lighting and power and 6000 pound boat lift with remote control.
All the sweat, toil and tender love and care in creating this masterpiece have been sacrificed already. Whether sipping iced tea on a warm spring day and enjoying the breezes of the Intra-Coastal, warming in front of a fire while finishing a novel or making new memories with family and friends while chatter and laughter fills your home, all you need to do is turn the key and move in!!!
- Architectural design by Mitchell Ginn of Newnan, GA--a regular designer for Sothern Living Magazine
- Contractor’s personal home
- Construction far exceeds current IRC/IBC Hurricane Strapping requirements
- All framing constructed on 16” center
- 16” pier block used and poured with concrete which contains #4 rebar for reinforced steel
- Roof has forty year shingle
- Windows are vinyl clad wood with tilt out feature for easy cleaning
- James Hardie products used for siding, cornice and soffit
- 400 amp, single phase electrical service
- Electrical circuits stubbed our in three locations on home for future usage.
- Four separate HVAC systems which make it easy to cool and heat the space you use most
- Outside shower
- First floor is equipped with all 3’0” doors making it handicapped accessible
- First floor is ca completely self contained apartment with its own kitchen and laundry facility
- Two car garage
- Golf cart garage on back of house
- Screened porch with wood burning fireplace
- Workshop wired for a 240V welder and 240V air compressor
- Custom made all-wood plantation shutters throughout main living level
- Shaft and electrical circuit stubbed out for a future dumb waiter
- Brazilian Cherry Floors on the main living level and the third floor
- Professional-grade appliances
- All porcelain tile in bathrooms and laundry rooms (no ceramic tile)
- 4” Crown Moulding and 8” baseboards on main living level
- 3” Crown Moulding and 6” baseboards on 1st and 3rd floors
- RB-3 window and door casing throughout
- Sprinkler system for front yard
- Monitored security system
- Electrical and water stubbed out in front center island for future fountain
- Front and rear decorative landscaping lighting
- Private covered dock with floating dock
- 60 amp service run to private dock providing lighting on the dock and power to the boatlift.
- 6000-pound boatlift with remote control
- Water run out to dock and stainless steel sink in place for easy fish cleaning.